Friday, March 4, 2011

Tiny Cross

Last fall two of my tatting buddies and I drove to Bartlesville, OK for the annual Lace Embrace which is put on by the Lacemakers Guild of Oklahoma. That was the third year in a row we went. We always have such a great time taking part in tatting courses, listening to the lace related talks and visiting with other tatters and lacemakers. We also took part in the class about decorating fabric covered buttons with Teneriffe lace, which is a needle lace. The best part are the tatting olympics with the disciplines of speed tatting and synchronized tatting. And then there is the shopping, because there are always lace vendors present. I bought two colors of Venus Size 40 thread. To try out the thread I made this tiny cross from Patty Duff's book "Mini Tats". I added some Size 15 beads. I have to admit that closing those tiny rings was quite a challenge because the thread has such a tight twist. I think it turned out quite well. It is my motif # 16 the second time around.

1 comment: